Greenfields can also provide a residential service with care homes that each have their own areas of specialism delivering a structured programme of care, therapy and education.
All homes offer a non-judgemental, warm and nurturing environment and our staff teams are highly motivated, well trained and supported by managers with extensive experience in residential childcare.
Our daily therapeutic work is influenced by our team of qualified psychotherapists, art therapists and clinical psychologist, all of whom are available to the young people and our staff team for individual consultation.
We are able to provide:
- Specialist clinical assessments
- Individual behavioural support programmes
- Psychotherapy, DBT and CBT
- Enhanced and complex risk assessments
- Psychological and integrated psychotherapist support
They aim to provide young people with:
Basics: comfortable accommodation, a safe environment, healthy diet, playtime and leisure opportunities.
Coping strategies: we help young people to understand boundaries, solve problems, foster individual interests, learn self-management and build courage and hope.
Learning: we create a learning environment for young people, both at school and in our homes. We support young people to make education work for them, prepare a career plan, learn to organise their own life, celebrate achievements and develop life skills.
Belonging: we provide a nurturing environment where young people feel secure enough to form appropriate relationships with others, thus creating a support system around them. We support young people to make appropriate friends and learn social responsibilities. Whilst we try to create belonging, we always keep in mind the individual's background and their life experience before they came to us. We try to resolve young people's patterns of self-harming behaviour and addiction problems in an environment where they do not feel rejected.
Shape young people's core self: by encouraging hope, understanding other people's and their own feelings, learning to take responsibility for their own behaviour, encouraging individual interests and talents, giving them the confidence to feel safe enough to take calculated risks in discussion with carers.
To achieve these outcomes, Greenfields provides an integrated approach, which includes:
- Professional therapeutic intervention by qualified practitioners
- Individualised healthcare and education opportunities
- Safety, with a clear child protection and complaint procedure
- Emotional warmth by showing unconditional regard
- Stimulation in the form of an individualised activity programme
- Appropriate guidance regarding rights and responsibilities
- Consistent boundaries and structure
- Stability – by offering a 'no rejection' policy (subject to Risk Assessment and Child Protection Implications)
- Working in good partnership with young people, their families (as appropriate) and other agencies in order to create confidence in young people.
If you are interested a package for care, education and therapy service is available please contact https://www.caretech-uk.com/solutions-for-children-and-young-people/companies-for-children-and-young-people/greenfields.aspx